Spiritual Detective, Religious Scientist, Wisdom Investigator
Readers of the Urantia Book:
Gene Roddenberry, Author, Creator of the Star Trek series. It is widely known within The Urantia Book readership that Gene
Roddenberry was a student of its teachings. The influence that The
Urantia Book had on Roddenberry appears throughout the Star Trek
Carlos Santana (1947-present)
On Tuesday November 15, 2011, Carlos Santana posted the following to his facebook page:
"Greetings, children of light & love! (A Flow of Consciousness by Carlos 11/15/11)
Greetings, children of light & love!
I find myself reading The Urantia Book,
Specifically: paper 134 section 6 - LAW, LIBERTY, AND SOVEREIGNTY
And truly it resonates with my spirit to attain tangible lasting world peace
Jerry Garcia (1942-1995)
In A Long Strange Trip: The Inside History of the Grateful Dead (2002), author Dennis McNally asserts, when talking about Jerry Garcia, that The Urantia Book was “one of his favorite esoteric works.”
Elvis Presley (musician, actor)
From: David W. Cloud, "1950s Rock -- Creating a Revolution",
distributed by Way of Life Literature's Fundamental Baptist Information
Service, copyright 2001
(http://www.wayoflife.org/fbns/1950srock.htm; viewed 19 July 2005)
Jimi Hendrix (1942-1970)
From: Room Full of Mirrors: A Biography of Jimi Hendrix by Charles R. Cross, p. 307.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan (1954–1990), American blues-rock guitarist: "Stevie often brought along
the book of Urantia and read Lindi passages from the strange
- Robert Venosa, American artist-exhibited worldwide, represented in major collections,
including noted museums, rock stars and European aristocracy: "As is
obvious in my work, The Urantia Book is very present as a main
source of inspiration. After my first reading of the book in 1968, I had
a number of visions that, being an artist, I could only make manifest
through painting." 
- Kerry Livgren: The influence of the teachings of The Urantia Book can be felt in the lyrics of Kansas' 1979 album Monolith.
- In the book Six Feet Under: Better Living through Death, an in-universe companion piece to the television series Six Feet Under, The Urantia Book is highlighted in a past correspondence held by one of the main characters.
- In the 1983 book Angels by Denis Johnson, one character carries around The Urantia Book and prosyletizes to drug addicts.
- Karlheinz Stockhausen based his seven-opera cycle Licht on the cosmology of The Urantia Book.